Episode 3: Dietitians eat doughnuts
In this episode I talk to Laura Clark, registered dietitian, sports nutritionist extraordinaire and founder of LEC nutrition. Over the years Laura has built her knowledge and expertise not only in nutrition and health, but also in sport and exercise nutrition and behaviour change counselling. Laura’s work is hugely varied – she could be working on anything from wellness seminars to weaning workshops, being in front of the camera to being in front of budding dietetic university students.
Laura talks about how nutrition impacts all of us in so many ways. Laura is interested in helping people find out what is best for their body and how we can use nutrition to maximise our performance both at work and in our daily lives.
In this episode you will learn:
- How nutrition isn’t black and white, and why we shouldn’t be dogmatic about it
- How flexibility in your diet is key
- How to look at food as a project and break down your nutrition goals just like you would with your work goals
Key questions you could ask yourself about your habits based on this episode:
- Are you ignoring your body signals? How can you listen to your body more?
- How can you become more proactive about your food choices?
- How does planning feature in your daily habits?
In a sea of nutritional clutter and fads Laura is breath of fresh air, helping us all learn how to eat it real. And I know you will thoroughly enjoy today’s episode with Laura.
The best way to get in touch with Laura is on twitter @lecnutrition
You can read her evidence based blog at her website www.lecnutrition.co.uk
You can also find Laura on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lecnutrition/
P.S. I offer free 20 minute consultations to help you kickstart your mindset for healthy habit success, click here to book yours now.