Episode 11: A traffic light system for habit change
Running his own thriving company and managing a busy social life makes it difficult for Henry to have structure in his eating and drinking habits. Now that he isn’t able to exercise as much as he once was he has become more aware of this and is looking for ways to restore a healthy balance. However, he doesn’t want to do this to the detriment of his social life, spending time with his other half or simply feeling like he is being deprived of the things he likes to do.
In this episode Henry and I discuss how to create a system that not only helps him become accountable for his healthy habits but importantly a system that doesn’t feel restrictive or punishing.
In this episode we discuss:
· How focusing on positive progress rather than berating yourself is more motivating in the long term
· How accountability and awareness of your habits is key
· How to work out how flexible you can be with your habits
Key questions to ask yourself based on this episode:
· Are your self-monitoring methods positively or negatively impacting your progress?
· Is there a way of focusing more on the positive progress you are making?
· How do you reflect on what works for you so you can continue to make progress in the direction of change?
If you’ve found that counting calories or units is actually demotivating rather than motivating. Yet you want to find a healthy habits system that will work within the context of your busy life that is encouraging rather than restrictive then I know you will enjoy this episode.
P.S. I offer free 20 minute consultations to help you kickstart your mindset for healthy habit success, click here to book yours now.