Episode 1: Find delight in your healthy habits
With more information than ever available about how to get healthy. We can often feel confused as to what is best for us. In this episode chief science officer, entrepreneur, behavioural scientist, and epidemiologist Dr Kate Wolin talks about going back to basics with your health, understanding the core principals of behaviour change and the importance of finding out what works best for you.
Kate is currently an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University.
At the start of this episode Dr Kate Wolin shares her innovate approach to behaviour change. She emphasises the importance of bridging the gap between technology, design and behaviour change psychology. Later she speaks to the importance of integrating enjoyment and delight in your weight loss journey and gives examples of how she has done this through thoughtful technology design.
[Note: For those who are less interested in the research field I would recommend starting this episode around 26.30 minutes in, where Kate focuses more on how you can apply the research findings to your everyday life.]
In this episode you will learn:
- Kate’s top evidence-based insights into how to build healthy behaviours into your life in a balanced way
- How to best employ self-monitoring technology to support you in your healthy habits
Why going back to basics in your diet is key and how to approach this
Key questions for you to contemplate based on this episode:
- How can you bring more delight into your own healthy habits?
- What things can you do to make the healthier choice the easier choice for you?
- How can you harness the power of self monitoring to be a positive support rather than a punishment?
This episode is a fantastic opportunity to learn some key insights from a leader in this field and I know you are going to get a lot out of it. Enjoy.
The best way to get in touch with Dr Woolin is via twitter: