Episode 4: Consistency beats intensity every single time Part 1
“Consistency beats intensity every single time – if you burn yourself out trying to do it all, and you don’t enjoy it, you will give it up” Martin Gaik
Consistency beats intensity every single time
With a sedentary and demanding job, Martin started to notice his clothes were getting tighter and his energy was becoming quickly depleted. He promised himself he would start running when the weather got better. He lives in Ireland, so it never did!
He was faced with a decision keep going the way he had been; feeling low on energy, self conscious about buying clothes and with increasing back pain. Or he had the choice, to start making some changes.
In this episode Martin, a father of two, with a busy career managing his own thriving business, discusses the strategies he used to go from being sedentary and feeling low on energy to a healthy habit master.
This episode is split into two parts (the second to be released shortly) as it is jam packed with really useful insights which I didn’t want you to miss out on. I know you will enjoy Martin’s powerful story.
In this episode you will learn:
· Why taking a holistic approach to your health, rather than a weight loss approach is more beneficial to long term success
· The importance of finding credible sources of information to support your healthy habit journey
· The power of consistently focusing on adapting your healthy habits for greater enjoyment
Key questions to ask yourself based on this episode:
· How do others affect your healthy choices? How can you ensure others support, rather than suffocate your health goals?
· How can you adapt your habits for enjoyment?
· How can you create more structure around your healthy habits so that they become part of your daily routine?
Book: The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Scientific research databases:
My blog!! (thanks for the nod Martin!)
You can get in touch with Martin at:
Book my free implementation clinic
Looking to learn more about how to improve engagement and outcomes in your digital app or product?
Once a month I offer a small number of free 30-min implementation clinics to help selected organizations by providing behavioural insights/tackling engagement issues with their products/services. Places for these clinics are strictly limited if you want a slot you can apply here