Episode 14: The real definition of self-care
Suzy Reading: The real definition of self-care
It was the combination of motherhood colliding with her Fathers terminal illness that catapulted Suzy into the world of self-care. Suzy is, (among other things) a mother of two, a Chartered Psychologist, Yoga Teacher, Health Coach and author of the fantastic ‘The Self-Care Revolution’. Her mission is to support and empower people with the tools they need to engage in their own unique self-care habit.
In this episode, we discuss the importance of creating your own unique framework for self-care that can serve you both in day to day life as well as times of need.
In this episode you will learn:
· The true definition for self-care, that will help you concrete it in your daily life
· The common barriers to self-care and how to overcome them
· The importance of experimentation for what works at what time for you.
· How to build a self-care framework that is unique to you
One question to ask yourself based on today’s episode is:
· What does self-care facilitate in your life? What does it allow you to do? Who does it allow you to be?
What I love about Suzy’s work is she takes what can be seen as quite nebulous and brings it right down into the real world, giving us actionable tools and skills to execute our own self-care frameworks the fit our busy lives. I am absolutely thrilled to be sharing this episode on the real definition of self-care with Suzy Reading.
You can find Suzy on Instagram
Suzy’s amazing book is:
Kick start your healthy habits
Start making lasting changes to your health in just 5 days!
In the free 5-day Bite Sized Habits challenge, you’re going to walk away with the tools you need to start creating healthy habits that stick. Get the evidence-based, research-backed blueprint for making lasting positive changes in your life.