Episode 10: How are others supporting you in your health goals?
In this episode we talk to the renowned Stephen M. Ledbetter, also widely known as Coach Stevo. Stevo has spent over 10 years practicing in the field of motivation science. For two years he wrote to an audience of 85 million on the My Fitness Pal blog, and has since gone on to found Habitry, a behaviour change consulting company. He is currently based in Oakland, California, where through Habitry he helps businesses embed practical motivation science, build evidence based products and more effective communication.
In this episode we drill down into the concept of motivation science, how to gain others support, how to experiment to find what works for you and ultimately how to see health as a journey not a destination.
It was such a huge honour to have Stevo on the podcast and I know you are going to love his actionable insights.
In this episode you will learn:
· Why adopting key elements from motivation science is vital to help you build habits that last
· The importance of relationships with others in your health journey
· The goals that are successful – (hint they aren’t weight loss goals!)
· How to gain the necessary support you need from others for your health journey including; how to role play the exact conversation to enable their support
Key questions to ask yourself based on this episode:
· How do you ensure your basic needs are met in your healthy habit journey?
· How are others supporting you in your health goals?
· Who are you nervous about telling about your health journey – can you ask them for their support?
I thoroughly recommend his blog on motivation science
Get in touch with Stevo at:
Other resources mentioned:
The importance of walking for health and stress management.
Charles Duigg as mentioned here
Lean habits -lifelong weight loss
Why we what understanding motivation
Kick start your healthy habits
Start making lasting changes to your health in just 5 days!
In the free 5-day Bite Sized Habits challenge, you’re going to walk away with the tools you need to start creating healthy habits that stick. Get the evidence-based, research-backed blueprint for making lasting positive changes in your life.