Episode 6: The Power of Functional Medicine
The power of functional medicine
In this episode Dr Bernadette Dancy, health coach extraordinaire, talks about the functional medicine movement and how taking a functional medicine approach can help us look at our health more holistically. Bernie has over 15 years experience as a senior lecturer in sport and exercise science, a PhD in sport psychology and a rake load of qualifications in exercise prescription, and personal training. Bernie helps people with stress, those with chronic conditions and those who are simply finding it difficult to juggle their health alongside the rest of their lives, take back control of both their physical and mental health to make changes that last.
In this episode you will learn:
· How functional medicine can help us build healthier habits
· The importance of rest, recovery and sleep to your healthy habits
· Why, when it comes to your habits, less is more, is far more effective than the no pain no gain mantra
Based on the insights from today’s episode, key questions to ask yourself about your habits include:
· How can you respect your body more, listen to it more? How can you treat your body with compassion?
· How can you think more holistically about your health? How do you take care of your mind as well as your body?
· How often do you check in with yourself to see what your body needs?
Bernie is also a friend, mentor and an all round inspiration and I am hugely excited to share her insights with you today.
You can find out more about Bernie’s work at:
Functional medicine resources she mention include:
The FREE Habits masterclass is now live
The free masterclass (+ free habit blueprint) is now live. Find out how it can support you to create lasting changes to your health.