Episode 2: How to shift that last bit of weight, without feeling deprived
In this episode Shelia, kindly shares her personal weight loss journey. Shelia talks about how she overcame a issue that baffles a lot of us; How do you approach losing those last stubborn pounds, without being too restrictive or resorting to dieting?
This can be tricky for most of us as it can lead to obsessive thoughts, calorie counting and ultimately weight gain in the long term (all things Shelia previously experienced). However what is really interesting about Shelia’s journey is how it was through letting go of this dieting mindset and instead focusing on how building healthy habits made her feel, was what helped her make this shift.
The evidence shows that focusing on weight loss as a target alone can be detrimental to your long term success. In this episode Shelia details how she did the opposite, she focused on the process, engaging with healthier habits that made her feel good and that she continues to enjoy. This not only makes life easier for her but it reinforces the likelihood of her sticking with her healthy habits long term.
In this episode Shelia describes:
- How she let go of a dieting mindset
- How healthier choices are now the easier choices for her
- How she manages her hunger yet doesn’t feel deprived
Key questions for you to contemplate based on this episode:
- How can you start to let go of a dieting mindset?
- What information you are consuming that is detrimental to your long term success? What websites, blogs, social media streams are hindering rather than helping your efforts?
- How can you shift your focus to eating foods that are nourishing and energy giving, that keep you full and satisfied throughout the day?
I really enjoyed speaking with Shelia and I think you will find her story both inspiring and thought provoking.
Kick start your healthy habits
Start making lasting changes to your health in just 5 days!
In the free 5-day Bite Sized Habits challenge, you’re going to walk away with the tools you need to start creating healthy habits that stick. Get the evidence-based, research-backed blueprint for making lasting positive changes in your life.